Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Garbage

I’m having one of those days where I take a walk at lunch and pass by your standard assortment of passersby but find them all beautiful in a way that chokes me up. There’s no way to say this without sounding like the voice over in some movie about redemption, or maybe rehab, or even (god help me) body image and acceptance, but it’s true. I feel cheap and vague in even employing the word beautiful because it doesn’t mean much. I’ve applied it to a sandwich, my performance at a meeting at work, a greyhound, the weather, and the unexpectedly early arrival of an L train in the last week alone. But here it applies in the actual dictionary sense of the word; everyone is beautiful, everything is lovely, and it’s like someone punched me in the stomach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory