Friday, April 10, 2009

Short Dispatches from Vague Territory

I’m trying to come up with a runaway train metaphor for my life that isn’t horrendously cheesy and also doesn’t bring to mind the ride at Disney World or the Soul Asylum song, but I don’t think I can do it. And now I’ve just got that “like a madman laughing at the rain” part stuck in my head. But do you know what I mean, that feeling? Let’s stick with the rollercoaster over the 90’s anthem. An amusement park ride has rails; it’s clear you’re running along a path, however terrifying or nauseating, and it’s only the velocity that makes it feel dangerous. The scenery around you isn't all that interesting either--what's thrilling about an amusement park besides the speed at which average people whip into and out of sight? That’s the completely cheesy way I’m feeling lately, described even more smoked goudally. Havartishly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Just wanted to say that your blog is a bright spot in the hopeless tedium that is my workday. You are that cool breeze in hell.

- Bored in Canada

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory