Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We Three Things of Orient Are

If someone were to tie off my arm and inject espresso straight into my veins, I'm not sure the effect would rival how antsy I feel at this particular moment in time. It's completely without cause, too. Tuesday is nothing but a normal day (possibly the normalest of days?) and, yeah, there's fun to be had tonight, but no reason to think it'll be different than any other Tuesday at my two Tuesday spots. I can't say that I don't relish the idea that I'm getting clairvoyant vibrations about some surprising and wonderful turn of events yet to unfold, but chances are I'm just fucking antsy.

Here are three paragraphs that are completely unrelated.

1. Estelle Getty, my favorite Golden Girl, died this morning. I'm sure that there are going to be campy gay tributes galore, but I didn't love the Golden Girls ironically. Actually, I don't really love them currently. I used to watch the show with my grandmother whenever she came to babysit, which was rare. She was a difficult lady in general, but watching Golden Girls and drinking Coke floats with her in the living room when my parents were at the firehouse dinner dance are among my favorite memories of a lady who once critiqued my overbite in the middle of a community theater performance of "Nunsense."

2. I fell asleep sideways with my head hanging off my bed watching "Girls' School Screamers" last night, so in addition to having the world's most voluminous head of hair, I had strange dreams that featured slashers and ghosts and, you guessed it, screaming girls.

3. I can't stop listening to Lil' Wayne. I don't understand what it is with me and him, but I feel like there's something there. I've google image searched him several times in the past few days before I even realized what I was doing. I've gone to his Myspace page but stopped short of requesting friendship, because I know it's not really him. I started out hustlin', ended up ballin'. Not true, but you know, someday. Maybe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

hey kathy,
I am an intermittent reader and was wondering if you were going to be continuing your column Waisted. I thought they were so good, like how a female Augusten Burroughs would be dealing with WW. I totally understand if the meetings/ your feelings about them are not the most interesting thing to continually write about, or if you just got tired of them or something. You should know I think they, and the rest of your writing, is really witty, engaging, and articulately intuitive to a place which makes it great. Just wanted to let you know!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory