Monday, May 12, 2008

Guest Stars

Last Sunday I was sitting at Clem's, which is my favorite bar for reasons no greater than the fact that it has blinds, through which you can peer out onto the sidwalk at passersby like something from a Hitchock movie, or a civil lawsuit. I was telling Jes how much I missed my friend Brian, who I hadn't seen or spoken to in something like a year. We were just bullshitting, there was lots of beer involved, and I mostly forgot about the conversation.

Then, on Friday, I woke up in the middle of the night, checked my e-mail, and found a two-line note from Brian. Not only was he e-mailing me, he was in town for approximately 24 hours, had no dinner plans, and wanted to know if I was interested in going to the roller derby.

Can you see why Brian rules, folks? May you all have a ghost that haunts you who is even half as cool as mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory