Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Clues and Red Herrings

I don't know what the following list is going to say about me, but for the past two months or so there has been this handful of reoccuring themes in my life that pop up no matter who I am talking to. I mean, honestly, this crap comes up with a bizarre variety of people on an almost daily basis, and I swear, hand to god, that I am almost never the person who drags it into the conversation. They are my leitmotifs, if you will. The whodunit clues you underline in your crappy paperback for later reference when the kid detective wraps it all up for you in the end.

If anyone can unravel the mystery now, though, instead of fifteen chapters in the future, I'd be much obliged.

1. The movie "Empire Records."
2. The Replacements; the song "Can't Hardly Wait" in particular.
3. Jameson.
4. Savannah, GA.
5. Mormons.
6. Red plaid flannel.
7. The Smiths.
8. American Spirits and how they take a very long time to smoke.
9. Wagering money.
10. Chipped front teeth.

5 Comments:

Anonymous stupidboy said...

I'm just surprised that My So Called Life and/or The Craft didn't make it onto the list.

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it's not a back-handed insult if I say it's nice to see you posting again, after eight months of you posting again.
Try and filter out all but the compliment please.

As it happens, this reader is exhaling American Spirit fumes past a chipped front tooth and stinking up his whole room, but especially his red plaid shirt.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks anonymous. I take compliments of all stripes.

Who are you? You named my three favorite things off that stupid list, and now I'm mildly concerned I may have a crush on you.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd quash the crush immediately, i can't go past three items and the plaid shirt only appears once every laundry cycle.

i was friends with quasi-mojo years ago, whose blog is sadly now defunct, and arrived at your blog through his link.

the only other identifying feature is having left a comment years ago about the number 111 and its romantic associations. i think i'll disappear on that note.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

True story: I once developed a crush on a boy because he could spit across an entire subway track.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory