Monday, May 22, 2006

An Ode to my Living Room Set

Sloth is my favorite of the deadly sins. Ask my couch. We spent a great deal of time together this weekend, jointly earning our spot in the lazy, supine circle of hell.

I think I left my apartment twice between Friday afternoon and this morning. Once to go see Art School Confidential, which was fun, and playing at the Angelika, which means that every once in a while your seat goes all massagey and vibratey when the train runs underneath you. Besides that and a brief MisShapes trip on Saturday night, I was in my green pajama pants and pointed toward the TV until forced out of my house this morning. I don't know that there's any real life thing I need to recuperate from, but every once in a while it becomes unfathomable to put on pants and do anything without a blanket wrapped babooshka-style around my whole head.

Some days I'm just amazed that I own a couch.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a couch, it's a vernamo.

6:11 PM  
Blogger katy said...

Couches are nice, and horribly addictive. If my husband didn't drag me by my ankles up the stairs I would sleep on my couch. And use it for my dining table. And my jungle gym.

I don't honestly know why we need anything else.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory