Thursday, January 19, 2006

Go Go Gadget SpeedFreak!

I've had a lot of coffee today.

First a really diligent waiter at the Vandam Diner kept my coffee cup full all through lunch, and then an incredibly nice Starbucks barista gave me a grande house blend for free, and before all that I had a Diet Pepsi chock full of caffeine, and now I can't even blink my eyes or focus on one window or get anything done that requires more than one nanosecond of my attention, or stop compulsively checking my e-mail, or have a complete thought that isn't interrupted by increasingly peripheral and weird things like, for example, wondering who gets the most mail on this floor, or if I could accurately test the efficiency of the interoffice mail system by sending myself something, which probably wouldn't work because the mail guy would just read it and pop it in my box and it wouldn't even leave the floor, and "pop it in my box" sounds grosser than I intended it to, but see what I mean, it's impossible to focus on any one thing, especially when the thought most frequently looping through my head is that my heart, which is beating much faster than normal, might, in all actuality, stop.

I'm not one to exaggerate the effects of caffeine. I grew up on regular Coke and Pixie Stix. I have a pretty high tolerance when it comes to the coffee jitters, and still I have managed to ingest such a large amount I am afraid I my bags will be searched for suspicious powders if there are cops at my subway station.

I can't wait for the spectacular freefall from the caffeine high that's awaiting me sometime this evening. Undoubtedly it will come while I'm at Paparazzi, like every other cool motherfucker in this city. Come and find out whether I'm still unable to stop talking or asleep in a corner.

6 Comments:

Anonymous BRAD BRAD BRAD said...

ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO I NEED A SEDATIVE

4:51 PM  
Blogger Adrian L. Acosta said...

Had a blast dancing witcha last night.

but could you tell me who is this sexy beast?

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=88864902&context=set-72057594050514506&size=o

1:20 PM  
Blogger What'sHerFace said...

DITTO! I had a great time!

What I like best about that picture is that thing I wrote on my hand at work is clearly visible--further proof that I will never be a grownup. Paper? For losers.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

please, please don't tell me that writing things like "2pm ICU rounds" on your hand is unprofessional. my hand is the one place where my schedule can't get lost, only washed away.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous brad said...

hhahahahahahhaha andrea STILL does rounds. when is there ever going to be a point in your life where you don't have to "do rounds?" is your boss mooch? is mooch your boss?

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

MOOCH IS NOT MY BOSS. My boss is not m..mmmplarguhgg. Oh. sorry. I guess I horked it all about.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory