Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Flashback Numero Dos (14 years old)

[Another flashback entry. I don't care if I'm the only person in the world amused by this. I'm not going to stop until I've run out of ways to make fun of my idiot self.

I particularly liked this entry because it proves that 1. Despite the fact that someone was threatening suicide, I still considered this a boring day, and 2. I have always been an insensitive bitch.]


November 18, 1996

Dear Journal,

So today nothing interesting happened, although AFTER school was pretty interesting. In school I didn't have to turn in my Honors English project because [my teacher] wasn't here. In regular English we had a sub. I tried to flirt with [name omitted].

Okay, now. After school. There was a literary magazine meeting, which lasted less than five minutes, and then I went outside for a while. I haven't written since a couple of days ago and in that time Ray and Laura broke up for good. Ray had been threatening to kill himself and Amanda and I were freaking out all weekend. But yesterday, Ray announced that he decided he wants to live. So I stopped worrying.

So, I get outside today and Amanda, Sue, Ashley and Dorothy are gathered around this tree, and Ray was way up on top, threatening to jump. But I knew he wouldn't, because he had already made up his mind. He just wanted attention.

So everyone is like, "tell Ray to get down out of the tree," and I'm just like, "no, Ray can live in the fucking tree for all I care!" He wouldn't say anything and Sue convinced everyone to go up in the woods and leave him alone. So we did, and I went up there where everyone was smoking and drinking and my friend's new boyfriend ADAM, the one who was going out with MARIA and then ran away with JILL and slept with her! My mother says I'm not supposed to hang out with them, but fuck it, I still will.

Anyway, when we went back down, people were all gathered around Ray, who had come back down. He was hiding inside his jacket, and some guys were trying to coax him out by telling him stupid jokes. It didn't work. When I left, nothing had happened.

Bye, Kathy

6 Comments:

Blogger DMo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:09 PM  
Blogger DMo said...

Anyone that threatens to kill him or herself by leaping from a tree does not deserve attention.

He's all bark, if you know what I'm saying.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous stupidboy said...

I have to agree. Keep the flashback posts coming Kathy! I'd be happy if you just typed all your old diaries out, word for word. Even the poetry. Actually.. especially the poetry.

5:27 AM  
Blogger What'sHerFace said...

Senor StupidBoy--

I may or may not have the entire series on DVD, and I also may or may not have a new computer that can rip DVDs, and I may or may not have a friend coming who can show me how to make VCDs from them.

Which play in any computer, regardless of region.

So, perhaps I can arrange for a little black market, trans-Atlantic My So-Called Life action of some of your favorite missing episodes...

7:22 AM  
Anonymous stupidboy said...

Kathy,

If you could, if it's not a hassle, copy the entire series for me... then you would find that some of your Amazon.com wishes would come true. Magically.

9:43 AM  
Blogger What'sHerFace said...

I will do my damndest.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory