Tuesday, April 05, 2005

It's Fun! It's Interactive!

As mentioned on Brad's site, Mr. Walsh and I are planning on recording a cover while I'm in Ohio next week. Since I probably won't be blogging my little brains out as per usual, we thought y'all could have the consolation prize of choosing the song we record, which will then be made available for your download and enjoyment (or disdain. Or outright physical discomfort.)

If any of you still haven't heard Brad's music, you should go here and check it out. He's a total rockstar, and I'm--well, I like to sing in the car, so our duet is gonna be some serious shit.

And the nominees are:

1. Hot Child in the City by Nick Gilder
2. Private Idaho by the B-52's
3. Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Meatloaf
4. Ring My Bell by Anita Ward
5. Who Does Lisa Like? by Rachel Sweet
6. Kids in America by Kim Wilde
7. Two of Hearts by Stacey Q
8. I Can't Live (If Living Is Without You) by Harry Nilsson

or

9. A song of your own suggestion, provided it is pure genius, and also utterly terrible.

Leave your votes in the comments section, each and every last one of you who reads this. Your class participation grade will be in serious jeopardy if you don't.

5 Comments:

Anonymous PoMo A-Mo said...

I'm making my own option

10. All of the above [you can do an album] but especially ring my bell and I can't live.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Kunaxa said...

Can it be a nursery rhyme? re-interpreted in an adult (R) manner? if so,

9. POP(e) goes the weasel?

If not,

10.I wanna sex you up - CMB
(But only if you promise to personally do the "Tic-Toc, get up" part).

Lookin' forward to the collabo! whatever it may be.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

It's got to be 'ring my bell'. Fantastic.... and by fantastic I mean 'ow... my ears hurt...'

1:33 PM  
Blogger Buckley said...

I'm generally gonna vote for anything that involves ringing bells so I suppose I have a certain prejudice. Kids in America would be good but if you mess up the wo-oh bit it'll sound like utter junk.

Lately I've personally been hoping to hear a cover of the The Jim Diamond CLASSIC (soft) rock anthem 'I should have known better.'

How could lyrics get any better than this:

"I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I love you
No-no-no-no-no-no I love you
No-no-no-no-no-no, yeah"?

Just Brilliant (note capital 'b').

12:07 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

I've always been fond of Paradise by the Dashboard Light, but at the same I would love to hear a cover of the Jets "crush on you".

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory