Wednesday, February 23, 2005

This is a crummy post.

So I feel a little bit guilty about this, but I haven't yet seen "The Gates" and I have lost all interest in doing so. Don't get me wrong, I'm behind Christo and Jeanne-Claude every crazy, cloth-covered, orange-haired step of the way. I just cannot believe the incessant media coverage of these things. The New York Times has had a month-long boner for The Gates, and every day there's a new Gates update. Will Colorado get their Gates? A taxi hit one of the Gates! Graffiti on the Gates. How will your pet react to the Gates? Thankfully, the Times has exhaustively covered each of these pressing Gates-related issues.

I think I can sleep peacefully even if I don't get to Central Park in the next week because I'm going to see Lipstick and Dynamite instead. It's a documentary on womens' professional wrestling in the forties and fifties. That is art, my friends, that is art.

Lord, I have a raging, horrible, elephant-stampede-in-my-cranium headache. So, here's news in brief before I pass out at my keyboard:

1. My computer may be broken.
2. I've lasted until 12:15 p.m. and managed to only pick the nail polish off one half of one nail.
3. I'm having a crisis about possibly working for a corporation I have serious moral objections to. However, that won't matter if this chick doesn't respond to my last e-mail requesting more information.
4. My lunch involves kiwi. This is exciting.
5. On second listening, the new Kills album is still not so hot.
6. I was so very pleased with everyone's participation in my song title/love life game yesterday.
7. According to a cryptic Chinese nurse Kai worked with a few weeks ago, tomorrow is the first full moon of the Chinese new year, on which one should make some serious wishes. She said that she once wished for a particular career on the full moon fifteen days after the Chinese New Year celebration, and less than a year later she was working in the very job of her dreams.
8. Print on Demand. P.O.D., right? Wouldn't that be an appropriate abbreviation? It could be pronounced like the word "pod," or it could be prounced by the letter, as in "pee, owe, dee." Why, then, must the company sanctioned abbreviation be PODe [pronounced "poda"], you crazy German fuckers? Why? You can take your Nazi "e" and shove it.
9. I will have serious issues with the American public, nay, democracy as a system, if Aloha Micheaux does not win American Idol.
10. Cacace. Out.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GATES MANIA!!
I'll be back in the motherland this weekend to see 'em and if you want a companion to snark at them with, I'm your gal.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah: that was me who made the last comment
-andy

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aloha is one of the best females for sure, but I think a guy will win this year. There's several really good guys, for the first time ever.

But that Scott Savol guy looks like a serial killer. I can barely stand to watch him.

-Clare

1:19 PM  
Blogger What'sHerFace said...

Hmm. Maybe I will go if you're home, and we keep our viewing to a quarter mile's worth of Art. Gimme a cawl.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was just putzin' around online and came across your jook joint. Yeah, I too was terribly disappointed by the American Voters. I mean forget that Bush guy, Aloha Mischeaux was the real MF'in deal. A true "shiznit", if I may say so.

-N

3:49 PM  
Blogger What'sHerFace said...

Oh don't even get me started on the travesty that was the American Idol vote. How is it possible that there are interchangeable identical blondes both still in the competition, but a chick named ALOHA gets booted? Unforgiveable. I'm moving to Canada.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Special K,

(can I call you that?)

What's the deal - Whatchu got to rant about this weekend ?! I read your diddy on the newspaper guy's attempt to hit on you - haha - that's great ... I think it should be implemented as some sort of rating system. Us guys will usually say "She's a 10" or "Hmmm, a 6.5, maybe 7 on a good day" - Where instead, we should really be saying "SNAP! She's a Washington Post - Straight up MEDUSA style."
lol

Speaking of ...

You ever see one of those guys selling newspapers on the street? Not that I knock on their lively-hood, but there has got to be something better to sell than a newspaper - in the middle of the road. Not that reading a Newspaper while I'm driving wouldn't make me a TOTAL BAD ASS ... but maybe some other distracting muse would entice me more - Sunflower Seeds?

- N

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory