Thursday, November 11, 2004

Not Even Jail

Alberto Gonzalez, the man who said American soldiers should not have to obey the Geneva convention's policy on humane treatment of POWs, has been appointed head of the Justice Department. JUSTICE department, folks.

jus.tice (noun) - defined by Merriam-Webster as "the administration of law; especially: the establishment or determination of rights according to the rules of law or equity" as well as "the quality of being just, impartial, or fair."

The stupidity of this situation is causing my head to physically cave in.

Yesterday, after an afternoon of photocopying pictures of hip replacements and knee surgeries, I came home to find out that my mom might have a degenerative, incurable bone disease. She has to go for more tests (after she has surgery for something that may or may not be connected, or causing symptoms of the disease in the first place...who knows? Doctors? Anyone? Do you know?) which is terrible, because she just got done with months and months worth of tests to find out what was wrong with her in the first place.

My mom and my brother have the day off today, because it's Veteran's Day. Apparently Germans don't believe in veterans, or days dedicated to veterans, or holidays at all, because I have to work. Well, come to think of it, maybe it's because our veterans killed a whole bunch of people who would've become German veterans. Maybe it's revenge. Maybe this is a Nazi company with stupid, Fascist rules. Maybe I'm slightly melodramatic. Swoon.

I've been listening to Interpol's new album for the last two days, and it really does get better with each full listen. Not Even Jail is heartbreakingly good. That fucker gets me every time. It's a real shame that one of their members looks just like Crispin Glover.

I just got paid. Lovely.

I spent all morning forging a letter of outrage to Bloomingdale's in Kai's name, in hopes that they'll send her a gift card or something. All I can say is that if this thing works, bitch better share the wealth. Seriously, though, this thing is a masterpiece. I bet it's ten times better than Bertha's* was, because Bertha is a stupid whore.

Hopefully I can talk Kai into going to Danbury tonight. I had a dream or something about getting coffee there; I woke up with the distinct impression that my destiny lies in that far off, magical Starbucks.


*Code-name; part of secret mission "Prevent Kai's Ass from Being Kicked."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how are we going to get you a column somewhere?

3:54 PM  
Blogger What'sHerFace said...

A small pile of birdseed with a sign that says FREE! on some train-tracks?

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory