Monday, October 11, 2004

Stuff and Nonsense

I just found Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk at Barnes and Noble for four-ninety-eight. That's a deal, even if I can't morally shop there because the fiction buyer called urban African-American fiction "vile." Five dollars for tomorrow's train reading!

No boss tomorrow, no boss tomorrow, dooby dooby doo, I ain't got no boss tomorrow. My dissertation on the Killers is complete and will be posted from work, as my responsibilities for tommorrow are completely encompassed by the following list:

1. Mail seven letters
2. Eat lunch
3. Make a list

I even figured out Natalie. They think they're so tricky. Brandon Flowers, you fucker, you can't fool me. Also, I love you.

Today I thought I was a genius because I finished the New York Times crossword (in PEN) in about seven minutes. Then I remembered it was Monday, so I'm not very smart at all. Then I also remembered that I was commuting like a sucker while everyone else had Columbus Day off, thereby proving I am a moron.

I wore my Burberry scarf today (although I just typed "toady," and then thought about what it would be like to have a Burberry scarf toadie, and wondered if he could carry Febreze around with him to keep my scarf from smelling like the subway, and also pictured him wearing a newsboy cap) and wished I could carry around a sign that said "A COMMITTEE OF PEOPLE BOUGHT ME THIS FUCKING SCARF, YOU DICKS, NOW STOP TREATING ME NICER BECAUSE I'M WEARING IT."

1 Comments:

Blogger Yours Truly said...

Fourninetyeight, granted (and yes, sorry for commenting on the back catalogue) but a terrible, terrible book.
Where does Master CP get the idea that cutting and pasting all the research he cribs from google into his "manuscript" constitutes writing?

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory