Saturday, October 09, 2004

The First One

Granted, I'm not completely sure why I'm starting this, but I think it has something to do with living in a town where the big, big, event of the year is the auto-body place having a small fire. It was in people's away messages. My little brother had heard all about it, because he works at 7-11 and it was the hot small-talk topic of this afternoon. I can barely wait for the North County News's extensive coverage of the fire that could've been put out with a solid, post-coffee pee.

My point is: I think that by writing stuff down I'd feel like something was happening. Otherwise, I may have to start actively lighting fire to buildings as opposed to waiting for them to burn down on their own.

Today, Kai and I drove to an abandonded mental hospital. Not the good abandonded mental hospital, the other one. Yeah, that one. Strangest part of the abandonded mental hospital? The still-operating church that stands smack in the middle of the property, right between the electroshock buildings. "Our Lady of Solace." Or, as Brad and I had discussed, "Our Lady of Sticking A Needle WAY Into Your Brain Through Your Eye Socket So You Don't Want To Have Sex With Your Mother Anymore." I took a couple of good pictures, but we weren't allowed to get out and walk around. Tomorrow we're going to the really good abandonded mental hospital in Connecticut where you can (shh) get into the buildings and poke through everything they left there.

I don't even know if I'm going to tell anyone I have this thing. Maybe. I don't know.

I need to go pick up my little brother at the mall. This time, I swear, I won't be singing along in an obnoxious falsetto to that let's-break-it-down part of "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" with all of the windows open as my poor brother says goodbye to his friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory